lf3 engine   lf3 forum

Thread: Cadillac XTS V-Sport Torque?

Cadillac XTS V-Sport Torque?

Hey everyone. How much torque does the LF3 in the Cadillac XTS V-Sport have? I'm looking at the Cadillac website and all they show is 410 horse power. Nothing about torque unless I'm missing it.

Administrator
    According to this article...

"With 369 lb-ft of torque from 1900 rpm, the turbocharged XTS makes overtaking other cars a breeze and possesses the sometimes-scary ability to hit triple-digit speeds unintentionally."

The XTS uses a 6-speed transmission that apparently can't take the same amount of torque (430) the CTS's 8-speed transmission can.

They made it to 60mph in 5.2 seconds...

Before the XTS arrived last year, Cadillac dealers had been limping along with only one sedan in the lineup. While Cadillac had utility vehicles and a pickup truck to help fill the void, there was nothing in the lineup for Cadillac’s traditional, large sedan buyers for approximately a year. The debut of the XTS in 2012 ended that drought.

Administrator
    As it turns out, the XTS is becoming an excellent replacement for the DTS and DeVille. The Fleetwood replacement is on it's way...

Roargogort

Cadillac XTS V Sport Torque

No joke, Id buy an XTS over a CTS.

I think the vast majority of Cadillac buyers feel the same way. XTS is a bigger car and a few hundred dollars cheaper. Unless youre looking for performance and driving dynamics or a world beating high performance sedan, CTS is pointless in the lineup right now.